Monday, April 18, 2011

A Transitional Weekend

Moving on is always good, but it's not ever easy.

Well, at least that's how it is for me. This weekend was a big one. I felt pretty deeply the "moving on" momentum compound in several aspects of my life. Between the orchestra concert, and the Fading Point concert, I realized I will probably never be so involved with music in my life. At the dance I realized all the friends I will be leaving and that will be leaving me. Institute graduation - much more emotional than expected. I almost tripped down the stairs coming off the stand since I couldn't see. And a really great chat with a dear friend. It's as if I am witnessing the last few scenes before my death. Dramatic, I know, but it has felt a small bit like that. I have lived, loved and served here, and I realized this weekend how hard it really will be to let it go. "I will remember you. Will you remember me?"

Moving on is always good, but never easy for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment