Friday, April 15, 2011

A New Outlook on Life

So I'm sitting impatiently in Orchestra rehearsal. I had arrived late due more to negligence than a good cause. I only have a few notes and parts in the piece we are rehearsing and I wait bored and impatient as the student conductor adjusts a part in another section. My head now resting on my arm and my tuba, I surrender to the exhaustion and feelings of incompetence that have shadowed my existence as of late. Tick. Tick. Tick. The sound of my ticking watch brings back memories of years and watches gone by. My thoughts turn to the blessing of each moment and each day I am granted on this earth. The gift of life is enough for endless gratitude and praise, but to realize the opportunities given through each moment leaves me eternally indebted. No longer is the waiting a burden, but a blessing from on high - an opportunity for growth and progression - a lovely memory that will live on in my mind for years and years to come. How tender the mercies of God found in each day! Each moment!

No comments:

Post a Comment